The Help for Heroes program was created to address the unique needs of military personnel, veterans and first responders. Through our specialized treatment tracks, individuals can overcome challenges brought on by repeated exposure to stress and trauma in the line of duty.
- Crisis stabilization: Treatment for individuals experiencing psychosis, or severe emotional or behavioral changes related to depression, anxiety and other psychiatric conditions that may present themselves as a potential harm to themselves or others.
- Chemical dependency detoxification: Individuals struggling with addiction receive close medical monitoring to safely detoxify from alcohol, opiates and prescription drugs.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Dual diagnosis programming is designed to treat those who are struggling with substance/chemical dependency in conjunction with psychiatric disorders such as PTSD, depression and/or mood disorders.
- Substance abuse treatment: A 21-45 day program structured to support recovering patients, including those who have completed detox in the development of relapse prevention skills.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): A therapeutic and recovery-focused program that provides individuals with the care and support they need to succeed in their everyday lives. Patients typically spend five to six hours per day participating in psychotherapy groups, medication management, recreational therapy and educational groups.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Individuals typically receive intensive outpatient therapy and counseling three days a week. Supervised medication management, on-site therapy (individual, group or family), education, training and skill building may be offered as part of intensive outpatient treatment.
Specialized Trauma Treatment
Trauma treatment (including treatment for PTSD) focuses on the emotional and psychological effects of combat stress, addiction, depression and other trauma-related disorders.
Our evidence-based treatment model involves a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy, expressive therapy, wellness education, recreational therapy and other activities.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Relapse prevention/12-step support groups
- Holistic therapies: yoga therapy, art therapy, music therapy, pet therapy, Tai Chi
- Educational programs and process groups: mindfulness training, fitness, wellness and nutrition education