The Help for Heroes program was created to address the unique needs of military personnel, veterans and first responders. Through our specialized treatment tracks, individuals can overcome challenges brought on by repeated exposure to stress and trauma in the line of duty.
- Mental health treatment: 24-hour supervised care for individuals experiencing psychosis or severe emotional or behavioral changes related to depression or anxiety, experiencing impairments of functioning, or other psychiatric conditions that may present themselves as a potential harm to themselves or others.
- Chemical dependency detoxification: Individuals struggling with addiction receive close medical monitoring to safely detoxify from alcohol, opiates and other prescription drugs.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Designed for those who are struggling with substance/chemical dependency in conjunction with psychiatric disorders such as PTSD, depression and/or mood disorders.
- Substance use treatment: A program structured to support recovering patients, including those who have completed detox in the development of relapse prevention skills.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): A short-term, high intensity therapeutic and recovery-focused program for those who do not require 24-hour care or hospitalization. Patients typically spend five to six hours per day participating in psychotherapy groups, medication management, recreational therapy and educational groups.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Individuals typically receive intensive outpatient therapy and counseling three days a week. Supervised medication management, group therapy, education, training and skill building may be offered as part of intensive outpatient treatment.
Trauma treatment (including treatment for PTSD) focuses on the emotional and psychological effects of combat stress, addiction, depression and other trauma-related disorders.
Our evidence-based treatment model involves a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy, expressive therapy, wellness education, recreational therapy and other activities.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Schema Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Prolonged exposure
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Relapse prevention/12-step support groups
- Holistic therapies: yoga therapy, art therapy, music therapy, pet therapy
- Educational programs and process groups: mindfulness training, fitness, wellness and nutrition education